So in love with this muffin as it is very moist even though you put it on the table for days and so easy to make as in you toss them together. Moreover, it has Strawberries and Lemon which are Alex’s two favourite fruits.
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of oil
- 1 cup of milk
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 cups of self raising flour
- 5 cup of pureed strawberries
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 250gram cream cheese
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of lemon zest
- 1 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Mix well the oil, egg, and sugar.
- Put in the flour, milk and mix until they all well combined
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and pureed strawberries. Stir them through the mixture.
- Fill the cupcake cases until ¾ full and bake it in the oven for around +- 20 minutes.
- While you wait for the muffin to cook, beat the cream cheese, butter, lemon, lemon zest, vanilla together until it is smooth and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and beat until it is creamy.
- Allow the muffins to cool down before you spread the icing on top.
Note: The muffin is also lovely to eat by itself without the icing sugar.