This is another family favourites! It has lots of vegetables and some meat for the protein intakes of your growing toddler.
- 500 gram minced beef
- 400 gram dried spaghetti
- 4 rashers of Smoked Bacons, finely diced
- 3 tablespoon Olive oil
- Large Zucchini, finely diced
- Large Carrot, finely diced
- 2 sticks of Celery, trimmed and finely diced
- 2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
- 6 fresh cherry tomatoes
- 2 medium onions, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 Beef Stock Cube
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried Basil
- Place a heavy saucepan on a medium heat. Add the olive oil and gently fry your bacon until golden and crisp, then reduce the heat slightly and add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Add the rosemary (don’t forget to discard the sprig). Fry for around 5 minutes then add the zucchini, fry for further 5 minutes until all the vegetable has softened.
- Add the minced, stir until the meat turned brown all over.
- Stir in tins of chopped tomatoes, add the basil, stock cube. Lastly, add the cherry tomatoes.
- Give everything a stir, breaking up the cherry tomatoes as you go, bring to a gentle simmer. Leave it simmer for about 45 minutes until all the flavours develops. However, don’t forget to stir it occasionally.
- Meanwhile, add salt to pan of boiling water, and cook the spaghetti according to the packet instruction. Once it is ready, drain it in a colander and stir it through the sauce until they all combined. Serve it while it is hot. Happy eating!