The weather has been so cold over here. It is the perfect time to make pumpkin soup. It is super easy and healthy for the kids. Recipe below serves 6.
- 1.5 kg butternut pumpkins, chopped & deseeded
- 3 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 750 ml of chicken / vegetable stock
- 200 ml thickened cream
- 1 Store bought caramelized onion & parmesan baguette
- ½ cup tasty cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, garlic, stirring for about 5 minutes until it is caramelized. Add cumin and cook until aromatic.
- Add the pumpkin and stir to coat. Add stock, salt and pepper; simmer until the pumpkin is soft. Set aside to cool down slightly. Transfer it onto the blender.
- Preheat the griller in 200°C for about 10 minutes. Cut the Caramelized Onion and Parmesan baguette in 1.5cm wide and spread some butter. Add some tasty cheese on top. Grill for about 15 minutes or until the cheese melted.
- Ladle soup among serving bowls. Drizzle with some thickened cream. Serve it with the grilled bread.
Note: You can substitute the Caramelized Onion & Parmesan Baguette with Garlic Bread.