- 1 cup all purpose flour / wholewheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon butter
- Combine dry ingredients and mix slightly.
- Add milk, oil, water and vanilla.
- Whisk together until just combined. Be careful not to over mix – it should still be slightly lumpy. Set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over a medium-high heat until hot. While the pan is heating, add butter. As soon as the butter is melted, add melted butter to pancake batter.
- Return pan to stove and stir butter into batter.
- When pan is hot, with a measuring cup, pour ¼ cup of batter into the skittle for each pancake.
- Cook until bubbles form on the surface. Carefully flip pancakes with spatula and cook until golden brown (well my son like it a slight dark brown).